Tips to make your colour last
Now that you’ve got the beautiful Trucolor you long for, how do you hold on to it?
Here are 6 tips from our Trucolor color experts to help make your hair color last:
- Use the recommended Haircolour products recommended by your Hairdresser and this will minimalize any fade and maintain the best condition.
- Sunlight is hair color’s nemesis. The UV rays can deplete color-treated hair of its brilliance if strands are left unprotected. Hats are a fashionable way to protect your color when you know you’re going to be spending time in strong sunlight, or try a scarf.
- Whenever possible, rinse hair with fresh water after it’s been submerged in chlorinated water or saltwater.
- Heat styling can ravage your hair year-round, but the damage is more evident in sunny weather. Let hair dry naturally when you can, but if you must use the blow-dryer, aim the nozzle down the hair shaft. This helps your color look richer by reflecting more light.
- Color-enhancing shampoos and conditioners enhance the look of your color-treated hair while protecting it against damage.
- 4 to 6 weeks is a good amount of time between Hair Colour appointments.